The Gifford Adult Day program in Bethel is conveniently located below Bethel Health Center and beside the Rite Aid pharmacy on Route 107. We provide care for elders, and for adults with disabilities, helping to bridge the gap between home health services and nursing home care. We have a spacious, ground-level room where our dedicated and compassionate team of nurses and nursing assistants provide our participants comfort, socialization, and a wide variety of services and activities.
Gifford Adult Day was founded in 1999 at Menig, Gifford’s nursing home. Our program moved to Bethel in 2005.
To provide social and health-related services that will promote an optimal level of independence, improve or maintain each participant’s present level of functioning, prevent or delay further deterioration, provide support and respite for families and caregivers, encourage social interaction, and provide easy access to social services and healthcare services.
- Daily individualized health care, advocacy and monitoring.
- Medication and diabetes management.
- Socialization, reducing feelings of isolation and loneliness.
- Comfort in meeting others with similar health or physical limitations.
- Nutritious meals and snacks that may be difficult to prepare on your own at home.
- Help with personal hygiene, including showers.
- Transportation with Stagecoach to and from our location.
- Activities that improve cognitive skills, provide mental stimulation, and create opportunities for participants to engage with peers while promoting overall wellness – such as live entertainment with interactive components, arts and crafts, pet therapy, music therapy, games, use of visual technology, and sensory relaxation and stimulation.
- Special holiday and theme-based celebrations.
- Close connections to health care services, including providers upstairs at Bethel Health Center, and to the pharmacy next door.
- Coordination with Vermont Council on Aging, VNAs of Vermont, Upper Valley Services, and Health Care & Rehabilitation Services (HCRS).
- An opportunity to give back to the community through baking and craft projects.
- Peace of mind that you, or your loved one, are safe.
The Gifford Adult Day program and transportation are provided based on a sliding scale fee and often with the help of state and federal resources. To arrange a visit and discuss your individual situation, costs, and resources that may be available, please call our program director at 802-234-2165.
Gifford’s Adult Day program, Gifford Adult Day is in Bethel, VT, and serves adults in Orange and northern Windsor counties.