Cardiovascular medicine is a medical specialty addressing disorders of the heart and arteries. Cardiologists have special training and skills in preventing, diagnosing and treating the heart and blood vessels. Gifford’s cardiology team is available four days a week on the second floor of the medical center in Randolph. They provide help with:
- Preventing cardiovascular disease and recurrent events
- Determining the cause of symptoms like shortness of breath, chest pain, dizzy spells, palpitations and fainting
- Managing coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease and heart failure
- Managing difficult-to-control hypertension
- Returning patients with heart disease to full and active lives
- Transthoracic echocardiography including 3D and strain
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- Stress testing with myocardial perfusion, SPECT and CT attenuation correction
- Stress testing with echo imaging
- Ambulatory arrhythmia monitoring
- Coordination with tertiary medical centers for additional testing and intervention
Who’s right for you? What do all those initials mean?
To help you choose the right provider, here are descriptions of some of the provider types Gifford offers.