**Masks are required for patients who have respiratory symptoms. Visitors: Please do not visit if you have respiratory symptoms.**
If you would like us to mask, just ask.
- Hospital visiting hours are 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- All visitors must report to the main entrance to be screened upon entry, and will not be permitted to enter the facility if they present with symptoms, or fail to cooperate with the process.
- Only ADA service animals are permitted. All other animals, including previously approved therapy dogs/support animals, are not allowed at this time.
Vaccine and Boosters
- Gifford is now offering flu vaccinations and the COVID-19 Bivalent booster.
- There is no charge for getting the booster.
- As of April 1, 2022, appointments no longer need to be scheduled with the Vermont Department of Health. You can still call 855-722-7878 for help navigating where to get vaccinated.
- You can receive your vaccination or booster from your primary care or healthcare provider. You can also receive your vaccination or booster at a local pharmacy. Go to the VDH website for more information.
- Booster eligibility:
– Booster shots have been approved for ages 12+ who are 2 months or more past their second shot in the primary series or since a COVID booster. For people ages 12 and older, the only authorized booster is now the updated Bivalent booster, which includes protection for Omicron.
– Individuals (ages 5 and older) who are moderately or severely immunocompromised are eligible for a booster after 28 days from their last shot.
- It is safe to receive both your flu vaccine and COVID-19 booster together.
- Testing is by appointment through each of our primary care practices.
- Antigen Tests helpful guidance from the Department of Health: https://www.healthvermont.gov/sites/default/files/documents/pdf/COVID-19-Follow-up-Testing-Guide.pdf
Parking for patients arriving for appointments in our primary care, specialty care clinics, radiology, or surgery please use our main entrance on Maple Street and enter through the circular driveway.
Parking for visitors of patients in our inpatient unit or the Birthing Center please use our South entrance, located between the hospital and the Gifford Auxiliary Thrift Shop on Route 12 South.
Our cafeteria is open weekdays from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Delicious and affordable lunches are served from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Prepared by our professional chefs, meals are fresh and often incorporate local ingredients.
The chapel at Gifford is open 24 hours a day, 7-days a week as a place for quiet reflection, prayer, or meditation for all denominations. Scripture materials from several traditions are available as well as spiritual resources for all ages. It is located around the corner from the Visitors Entrance at the south end of the hospital by the entrance to Howell Pavilion/Inpatient Rooms.
Community Walking Program
The indoor Community Walking Program has been closed. We encourage you to walk outdoors as weather permits.