Gifford is committed to the health and well-being of our communities by providing excellent patient-centered care. Everyone should expect a safe, caring, and inclusive environment in all our spaces. Our Patient/Visitor Code of Conduct helps us to meet this goal.
As a patient, to ensure you get the best care possible in a trusting clinical environment, it is your responsibility to:
- Help us get to know you. We understand it can be hard to talk about private health issues, but we hope you will feel comfortable sharing your story with us. As health care professionals, we are here to provide the best possible care, without judgment.
- Let us know if you have questions or concerns about your care. We want to know so we can help. If you don’t understand something or if you have any questions about your care, please let us know.
- Keep your appointments. This will allow us to give you our full attention. If you cannot keep your appointment, please let us know ahead of time so we can help someone else instead.
- Treat others with respect. It can be stressful when you or your loved one needs health care. We care, and we want to help. In return we ask that you exhibit respectful demeanor, speech and behavior toward other patients, visitors and all Gifford staff.
- Children should be supervised by an adult.
When interacting with staff, silence and put away devices so it doesn’t interfere with patient care.
- Disrespectful or threatening behavior will not be tolerated and could lead to termination from some or all of non-emergent services at Gifford. This includes but is not limited to:
– Intimidating, aggressive or harassing behavior toward staff or others.
– Disrespectful reference to a person’s age, ancestry, culture, physical or
intellectual ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, language,
accent, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or other
personal traits.- Refusal to see a clinician or other staff member based on these personal traits.
– Physical or verbal threats and assaults of any kind.
– Sexual or vulgar words or actions.
– Disrupting another patient’s care or experience.
– Damaging Gifford equipment or property.If you witness, or are the target of, any of these behaviors, please report it to a member of your care team.