Gifford is pleased to provide health care to all, regardless of insurance status.
The medical center, hospital and FQHC clinics additionally work with patients to find financial assistance through our Financial Assistance Program, state and federal resources, and no-interest payment plans.
Gifford will work with patients on an individual basis to find the best available option, including:
- Access to Green Mountain Care programs
- Dr. Dynasaur (pregnant women and children)
- Medicaid Pharmacy benefits
- Medicare supplemental coverage (Medicare recipients)
- Ladies First (breast and cervical care)
- Woman-to-Woman Fund (mammograms, pap smear tests and breast exams)
- Prescription Assistance
- Urgent and emergent dental assistance
- Gifford’s Financial Assistance Program (for uninsured and under-insured patients)
- Payment plans
- COBRA and insurance education and counseling
- Vermont Health Connect
Gifford’s Financial Assistance Program, managed by our Health Connections Office, is offered to all patients living within our service area who meet eligibility requirements and receive non-elective, medically necessary services. Patients from other areas also may qualify if the services are emergent or if the services are not available in the area in which they reside. The full Financial Assistance Policy is available for PDF download at the bottom of this page.
HOW TO APPLY
A patient may apply for assistance by completing a Financial Assistance Application, available for download from the right-hand menu on this page. Submit completed applications to the Financial Assistance Coordinator.
For more information about applying for financial assistance, to request an application form by mail, or to receive a translation, please contact:
Financial Assistance Coordinator
Health Connections Office
Gifford Medical Center
44 South Main Street
Randolph, VT 05060
Tel: (802) 728-2323
Fax: (802) 728-2776