Podiatry is a branch of medicine devoted to the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the foot, ankle and lower leg. Gifford provides podiatry care from four podiatric surgeons, a nail care nurse and experienced, professional support staff in three locations.
Care available includes:
- Routine and diabetic foot care
- Foot and ankle reconstructive surgery
- Foot and ankle fracture management
- Orthotics casting
- Wound care
- Treatment of ingrown toenails
- Foot- and ankle-related sports medicine
- Bunion care and treatment
- Flat foot
Our clinics are equipped to evaluate and manage foot and ankle problems, as well as perform office-based procedures.
Foot Care Program
After a visit to a Gifford podiatrist, many patients can receive follow-up diabetic and routine foot care from an experienced registered nurse through Gifford’s Foot Care Program. The service is available at the main medical center in Randolph and also at the Gifford Health Center at Berlin. Foot Care Program services include:
- Checking for wounds
- Shaving callouses
- Trimming nails, including thickened nails
- Assessing feet to determine progress and if follow-up care with the podiatrist is required
- Testing circulation and sensation
Your Gifford podiatrist can refer you to the program.
Who’s right for you? What do all those initials mean?
To help you choose the right provider, here are descriptions of some of the provider types Gifford offers.