Project Independence is an adult day health services center with a planned program of activities designed to promote well-being through social and health related services in a safe, supportive, cheerful environment.
Our comprehensive “one-stop” approach to long term care is the most effective and efficient use of taxpayer dollars and community resources. And, rather than being separated from their communities and loved ones, our clients enjoy Successful Aging on their own terms.
Our mission is to:
- Ensure that elderly disabled folks can choose to remain in their own homes while they utilize our services.
- Provide adults an opportunity to get out of the house and receive both mental and social stimulation.
- Give caregivers a much-needed break in which to attend to personal needs, or simply rest and relax.
Participants are individuals who:
- Can benefit from the friendship and functional assistance aday care center
- May be physically or cognitively challenged but do not require 24-hour supervision.
- Are in the early stages of Alzheimer’s or dementia related diseases.
- Project Independence participants need to be mobile, with the possible assistance of a cane, walker or wheelchair.
Services provided are:
- Daily individualized health care, advocacy and monitoring
- Nutrition– Two home-cooked meals and a snack each day
- Transportationto and from our site provided by Green Mountain Transit Agency
- Transportationis provided on Project Independence vans for shopping trips, bowling, luncheons out and on special trips
- Therapeutic / rehabilitative activities, i.e. adapted, exercise, strength-building
- Programs and Activities– Arts, music, crafts; occupational & physical therapy, art therapy, psychological counseling.
To learn more about Project Independence, click here.