As a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital, Gifford’s hospitalist team and skilled nursing staff provide 24-hour care to hospitalized patients.
Care is provided in three neighboring units: Howell Pavilion (a medical/surgical unit), a Transitional Care Unit (for patients needing rehabilitation or sometimes transitioning to a nursing home), and our Birthing Center (with certified nurse-midwives for low intervention births, and the 24/7 back up support of three ob/gyn physicians).
Patients typically needing hospitalized care are:
- Post surgery
- Experiencing an acute illness or disease
- Struggling with a flare-up of a chronic illness
- Needing rehabilitation
- At the end of life
Care provided to all patients involves a team of caregivers and personnel, providing a wide-range of services to enhance patients’ stay and thus their recovery. These staff members and services include:
- Physician and mid-level hospitalist providers
- Medical/surgical nurses and nursing assistants
- Physical therapists and physical therapist assistants
- Occupational therapists
- Speech therapists
- Registered dietitian (nutrition counseling)
- Respiratory therapists
- Diagnostic technologies
- Surgical providers and consults
- Restaurant-quality meals ordered via room service and prepared fresh
- Care management and discharge planning
- Chaplaincy and a chapel onsite
- Family/activities room
- Health Connections financial counseling/help accessing insurance programs
Hospital visiting hours: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Cafeteria: Open Weekdays 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Hot breakfast: 7:30 – 9:30 a.m.
Continental breakfast: 7 – 10:30 a.m.
Hot lunch: 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Soup and sandwiches are available during the afternoon.
Garden Gate Gift Shop: Open Weekdays 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The Gift Shop is located at our Visitor’s Entrance and easily accessible to the inpatient care unit.