General surgeons provide a wide range of procedures in the office and in the operating room settings, primarily focusing on the abdominal organs as well as diseases of the skin, breast, soft tissue and hernias.
Gifford provides a wide range of services by a caring and knowledgeable team, including:
- Skin lesion and cyst removal
- Comprehensive breast care
- Treatment of hemorrhoids and other rectal ailments
- Diagnosis and treatment of all forms of cancer
- Wound care
- Hernia treatment
- Gallbladder removal
- Pill endoscopy (tiny, pill-sized camera you small to view the interior of the small intestine)
- EGD (esophagogastroduodenoscopy, an endoscopic procedure to view the upper part of the gastrointestinal tract)
- Appendix removal
- Advanced laparoscopic procedures
Our providers offer this care weekdays by appointment and 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week for emergencies.
Who’s right for you? What do all those initials mean?
To help you choose the right provider, here are descriptions of some of the provider types Gifford offers.
General surgery is located at Gifford Medical Center in Randolph, VT.