Oncology is a branch of medicine specializing in cancer care. Gifford is among only five hospitals in Vermont that are designated as an accredited cancer program by the national American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
As such, Gifford offers a host of cancer care services through the Oncology Department, including:
- Cancer care from experienced oncologist Dr. Eswar Tipirneni;
- Compassionate and specially certified oncology nurses;
- Planning options for cancer treatment following a diagnosis;
- Outpatient chemotherapy; and
- Some treatments for hematology conditions, such as anemia.
Who’s right for you? What do all those initials mean?
To help you choose the right provider, here are descriptions of some of the provider types Gifford offers.
The Oncology Department is located on the third floor of the hospital in the Ambulatory Care Center. The oncologist is available Wednesdays by appointment. Outpatient chemotherapy is provided by the staff’s specially-trained nurses by appointment Monday through Friday.
Call the Oncology Department to learn more about this program or to schedule an appointment.