Morgan Orchards Senior Living Community is starting 2018 with lectures, open houses, and fun community events at the new Strode Independent Living building.
Our Third Thursday Lecture series, held on the third Thursday of each month, brings local subject-matter experts in to lead discussions and are open to Morgan Orchards’ residents, their family and friends, and who are interested in Morgan Orchards, and the general public.
- Open House: Join us for an Open House where you can tour our new building and chat with staff to learn more about our apartments, services and amenities. Sunday, January 7 from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Third Thursday Lecture: Winter Back Safety
Gifford Physical Therapist Troy Stratton will lead a discussion on winter back safety. Seating is limited—to reserve space call 728-7888. Thursday, January 18, from 4 to 5 p.m.
- Community Sleigh Rides: Join us for hot cocoa, cookies, and a sleigh ride with Braveheart Beasts of Montpelier. Saturday, January 20, from 2:30 to 4 p.m.
- Special Woodshop Tour & Talk: When Arnie Spahn moved into an apartment at Strode Independent Living he brought his woodshop with him! Join us for a special Woodshop Tour & Talk. Seating is limited—to reserve space call 728-7888. Tuesday, January 30, from 2 to 3 p.m.
- Open House: Thursday, February 8 from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Third Thursday Lecture: Chocolate Fair with The Snowflake Chocolate Co., Amarah’s Chocolates, and Nutty Steph’s. Thursday, February 15, from 4 to 5 p.m.
- Open House: Saturday, March 3, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Third Thursday Lecture: Maple Sugaring with Silloway Maple. Thursday, March 15, from 4 to 5 p.m.